WHAT IS THAI YOGA MASSAGE?
Traditional Thai Yoga massage is a historic therapeutic artwork, handed down from instructor to pupil because of the third century BC.
Thai Yoga massage (TYM) makes use of a vitality line system—the Ten Sen—via which the physique’s pure life drive flows. Blockages on this life drive trigger aches, pains, and illness.
The therapist makes use of arms, ft, and elbows to use stress to necessary factors on the vitality traces, along with mild stretching and utilized Hatha Yoga. This releases blocked vitality and free the physique’s therapeutic potential, restoring stability and Concord.
Originating in India and strongly linked to Buddhism, Thai Yoga massage (TYM) is at all times practiced in a meditative temper. It’s stated to be “the bodily software of loving kindness”.
What are the therapeutic benefits of Thai Yoga Massage?
Thai Yoga Massage (TYM) treats illnesses reminiscent of a headache, knee ache, again, shoulder and neck ache, premenstrual pressure and others. It’s particularly efficient for numbness or lack of feeling in situations reminiscent of A number of Sclerosis, or after a stroke, and may also help with ache reduction throughout labor.
The massage therapy improves flexibility, relaxes, restores and energizes.
Anybody who’s ever gotten a therapeutic massage — even a quickie at a mall kiosk — is aware of that it helps you unwind. That’s not only a psychological sensation. Getting massaged causes muscle mass to unclench, a racing coronary heart fee to sluggish, heightened blood stress to fall, and ranges of the stress hormone cortisol to drop. In that relaxed state, Thai yoga massage allows your physique is ready to regroup and recharge.
Thai yoga massage is a mix of acupressure, asanas, stretching, palming, thumbing and delicate twisting. Practitioners incorporate their palms, thumbs, forearms, knees, and ft throughout classes for muscle compression, joint mobilization, and acupressure.
Individuals usually describe Thai yoga massage as each stress-free and energizing. Thai yoga massage often begins with work on the ft as they’re the bottom a part of the physique and ends with the face and head. By working the ft first, an individual’s vitality might be moved upward thus serving to the circulation of vitality.
Thai yoga massage is an Jap type of remedy that has a deeply holistic strategy and believes that within the human physique, energies move alongside a community of channels or traces much like nadis in India or ‘meridians’ in China.
Related Massage Techniques: 20+ Thai Massage Benefits | Sports Massage
Ten advantages of Thai yoga massage:
- Reduces ranges of the stress hormone cortisol
- Lowers blood stress
- Lower ache and enhance physique operate
- Improves sleep, particularly deep sleep
- Boosts immunity by rising white blood cells and lowering stress
- Revitalizes pores and skin via elevated blood move
- Elevates degree of alertness
- Lessens digestive issues
- Will increase serotonin, enhancing temper
- Contact makes you happier
- Contact is a vital a part of our lives and is a key aspect of each our bodily and psychological well-being. In at this time’s quick paced life, we regularly are likely to lose contact with our thoughts and physique.
- Thai yoga massage might be one method to join with others and enhance well-being via contact. Anybody can be taught the fundamentals and start reaping the advantages at this time!
The Origins of Thai Yoga massage
- 2,500 years in the past a dynamic bodywork remedy primarily based upon yoga and Ayurveda practices appeared within the temples of Thailand. This therapeutic artwork was instantly rooted within the Indian therapeutic traditions of Ayurvedic drugs.
- The daddy founding father of Thai Yoga massage, Jivaka Kumarbhaccha was a famed physician and yogi, he handled the Buddha, amongst others.
- After the Buddha’s loss of life, the earliest Buddhist monks traveled to Southeast Asia and had been accompanied by Ayurvedic docs. These docs practiced a therapeutic artwork, that will later evolve into conventional Thai massage.
On this distinctive therapeutic system of Thai Yoga massage, additionally referred to as Nuad Boran, the practitioner guides the consumer via a collection of yoga postures, whereas palming and thumbing alongside the physique’s vitality (‘Sen’) traces and stress factors. Collectively these actions end in a complete full physique therapy that relieves muscular pressure, improves circulation, boosts the immune system and balances the physique energetically.
Thai Yoga massage is carried out on a mat on the ground; each consumer and practitioner are wearing snug clothes permitting ease of motion and suppleness.
Why grow to be a Thai Yoga massage Practitioner?
Thai Yoga Massage (TYM) is a shared expertise, a present for each the practitioner and the receiver. An opportunity to discover a meditative area via motion and breath.
Aside from the advantages to the receiver, giving Thai Yoga Massage (TYM) is massively rewarding. The observe encourages givers to open their very own our bodies. To grow to be centered, nonetheless and meditative throughout the rhythmic dance of the therapy. Many college students report that their lives are reworked bodily, and sometimes emotionally and spiritually.
You might be any age, form, or dimension to offer and obtain Thai Yoga Massage (TYM). The richness and fullness of this observe allows practitioners to decide on stretches and methods that go well with shoppers. Our bodies and their very own our bodies.
For instance, a small practitioner may use ft and elbows to use stress a big and heavy consumer without straining.
Even skilled “hands-on” professionals reminiscent of Yoga and Pilates Academics, Private Trainers, Shiatsu Practitioners, Osteopaths, and Physiotherapists discover. That increasing their skillset with the complementary insights and methods of Thai Yoga Massage (TYM) Or Thai Massage might be of nice profit to their shoppers.